The Land of Liberty and Opportunity
Reach for the stars and stripes.
Regardless if you head to the rolling hills of Montana, the windy city of Chicago, the glitz and glamour of Los Angeles or the sunny coastline of Florida, there is so much diversity within the vast land that makes up the USA that it’s no wonder it’s become such a popular destination for a student exchange program.
America is a goal-oriented, ‘can-do’ society that strives to give opportunity to all its citizens to reach their full potential of ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.’ There is an overall cultural norm of hardworking and very open-minded people, with a wonderfully unique brand of hospitality. Exchange students are welcomed with expressive open arms and will love the unbelievable school pride they will experience in their new classroom.
The USA offers two program types: Classic and Select. With our Classic Programs, students will live with a local host family and go to a local school, while Select gives the additional option to choose the exact region they go to. The Select Program opens an exchange student up to many many options, and comes at an extra cost, therefore it is best to speak to our North American specialist to understand what is available.
- Student Exchange programs to the USA are available with our Classic Exchange Program, our Classic Exchange Program combined with a Regional Guarantee, or with a Select Exchange
- Durations can be found below
- The American school year begins in September and ends in June
- Hawaii is only available for a short term end of year student exchange program
- Students can be no younger than 15 and no older than 18 1/2 at the program start date – students for the August/September programs must be 15 before August 15, and students for the January program must be 15 before January 15
- Students must be a USA Grade level of 9, 10, 11 or 12 and must not have graduated prior to the program’s start date
- The best way to learn about our USA programs is to speak to our North American specialist – give us a call on 0800 CULTURAL or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to request a call
There are numerous options for an exchange student to choose from should they wish to go to America, with durations including:
- An Academic Year (Departing in January or August)
- An Academic Semester (Departing in January or August)
- Short-Term Exchanges (Departing in October or November)
The student then has the option to choose between a Classic Exchange or a Select Program.
Cultural Homestay programs are also available to the USA, and are the only option for students who wish to go to Hawaii. Read more below.
If the USA seems like the best destination for you but you have a few questions, please ENQUIRE NOW and our North American specialist will be in touch as soon as possible to guide you through the program.
THE NEXT CLASSIC SCCE STUDENT EXCHANGE DEPARTURES TO THE USA ARE:
|LENGTH||DEPARTURE||PRICE||APPLICATION DEADLINE||EARLY BIRD DEADLINE||EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT|
|Year||Aug 2020||$11,950||EXTENDED TO APRIL 1, 2020||Oct 31, 2019||N/A|
|Semester||Aug 2020||$10,950||EXTENDED TO APRIL 1, 2020||Oct 31, 2019||N/A|
|3 months||Oct 2020||$9,750||Sep 14, 2020||Mar 31, 2020||$250|
|2 months||Nov 2020||$9,750||Sep 14, 2020||Mar 31, 2020||$250|
|Year||Jan 2021||$11,950||Sep 14, 2020||Mar 31, 2020||$1000|
|Semester||Jan 2021||$10,950||Sep 14, 2020||Mar 31, 2020||$500|
|USA SELECT PROGRAMS||CONTACT US||CONTACT US||CONTACT US||CONTACT US||CONTACT US|